Can you believe that my precious baby girl is going to be 6? I absolutely cannot fathom that idea! It's a good thing that I still have a couple of weeks to get used to it!
Anyway, I was looking back at some old pictures tonight, just remebering what she was like as a baby and ran across a few pictures that I just had to share. These are very grainy because they were taken on my 35 mm camera - in the days before digital! - and scanned in, but they are some of my favorites from her first year:
Our princess is born. This is the first photo taken of McKenna. Our OB was holding her up for us to see as Jason said, "Honey, we have a little daughter!" I'll never forget that moment, because I thought my whole pregancy that I was having a boy. I figured that I would never be lucky enough to be blessed with a little girl!

Look how tiny she was! She was 6 weeks premature, 5 lbs, 11 oz. at birth. This photo was taken around 2 weeks old:

Could she be any cuter? This is one of my alltime favorite pictures!

Look at my little baldy! She lost all of her hair and then it didn't grow back until she was 2!

Okay, so I couldn't just stop a her first year! Here are a few more of my favorites!
Swim lessons at 1 1/2 years old:

Playing dress-up at 2 years old:

McKenna meeting her baby brother, Chase for the first time. She was 3 weeks away from turning 3 years old. The first thing she said when she saw him was, "He's absolutely perfect!" How sweet is that?

All dressed up for Easter - 3 years old:

My little ballerina - 4 years old:

Beach vacation - 4 1/2 years old:

Her first cheer competition - 4 1/2 years old:

1st day of kindergarten - 5 1/2 years old:

My little DIVA - Christmas - almost 6 years old!

And...stay tuned for a picture of my big 6 year old...just 2 weeks away!
Thanks baby girl, for making me a mommy and for giving me so many wonderful memories. I can't wait to see what the next year brings for you. No matter how old you are or how big you get, you will always be my little princess!

No comments:
Post a Comment