Well, not at this exact moment, but in just a few short hours...4:30 in the morning to be exact.
I can't believe how incredibly emotional I am over her turning 6. Maybe all moms are like this, I don't know, but I just keep thinking about how quickly she is growing up and how I wish I could slow time down, even if just a little bit. Before she fell asleep tonight she told me that no matter how old she was, she's always be my baby!
There are so many memories of my sweet baby girl that keep replaying through my mind...from the moment my water broke...6 weeks early in the back seat of our car on the way home from a trip to Canada, to the very first second I layed my eyes on my precious baby and fell head over heals in love with everything about her, to hearing my husband say, "Honey, we have a daughter!" and realizing that she wasn't a boy (we didn't find out what we were having and I thought for sure we were having a boy!), to seeing all of her many firsts...and knowing there are many more "firsts" to come!
And now, for a McKenna update:
McKenna is still a little peanut! She weighs 35 lbs and is 42 inches tall...only 3 inches taller and 2 pounds heavier than her little brother. She's doing great in kindergarten...she blows me away with her reading ability. She loves school and has made a lot of really good friends. She's in her 2nd year of competetive cheer. This season she's doing a duo with her friend Emily and is also doing a group routine with her Twinkle Team. She really likes tumbling and can do a great cartwheel and bridge kickover. She's getting good at her round offs and is really close to being able to do a back walkover. Oh, and you should see her splits!
She loves reading(especially things I'd rather her not read...today in line at the grocery store she was reading the magazine covers and giving the couple behind us a few good laughs...), writing stories in one of her many notebooks, drawing pictures, arts and crafts, telling time, counting by 2's, 5's and 10's (she does this all the time in the car!), High School Musical, her Nintendo DS, music, Webkinz, playing with her friends, cheering, dancing, tumbling and her I-Pod.
I love you baby girl! Thank you so much for being the sweetest, most wonderful, loving little girl a mommy could ever ask for and thank you so much for giving me the most wonderful title of all...thank you for making me a mommy! I love you all the way to the moon and back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment