Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chase's Birthday Party!

Chase had a SPIDER-riffic 3rd birthday!

Chase was so happy when he woke up this morning, you could tell that he understood that today was completely all about him! He woke up before Jason and I heard him go up to Jason and say, "Daddy, guess what...I'm fwee years old!"

In our house we have a tradition of letting the birthday person pick a restaruant to have dinner or lunch at on the day of their birthday. Well, since Chase's birthday and party fell on the same day we decided to let him pick where he wanted to go for breakfast instead. With a LOT of help from his sister (she actually told me, "see mom, I knew I could get him to go where I wanted!") he picked McDonald's Playland. Jason and I were hoping for Bob Evans!

It actually turned out great though because there weren't any other kids there and we got our food quick!

Way back in November Chase told us he wanted a Spider-Man birthday party. Jason and I decided to keep it small and low-key and just have cousins and a few of Chase's friends over to our house for the party. Well, we did end up having it at our house, but I don't think we did too well with the whole "low-key" part!

Below are a few pictures from Chase's big day!

Chase before his party:


Check out the "spider web" on our patio door:


As party guests arrived they got to to color a spider-man picture: (this picture shows Chase with his Uncle Chad and cousin, Mason)



Then we ate pizza and chips: (This picture shows Chase with his cousin, Isaac, our friend Chris, her son Xander and Chase's best buddy, Aidan)


After everyone was finished eating the kids...I mean parents...worked on a spidey craft: (This picture shows Chase getting help from his daddy and his cousin, Mason getting help from his dad, Uncle Chad)


Oh, and here's a cute picture of Chase wearing his Spider Hat:



As we were working on crafts a very special visitor arrived: (Thanks to Chase's Uncle Brandon!)

Chase was just a little hesitant at first, but went right up to him and gave him a hug. Most of the kids were excited to see him, but there were a few who were scared - thankfully though, no one cried!

Here's a picture of Spider-Man with most of the kids from the party...Mason, Isaac, Caleb, Xander, Carly and Colton wanted nothing to do with Spider-Man so they aren't in the picture.


And, just because she's such a doll...here's one of my little princess with Spider-Man:


Spider-Man helped sing Happy Birthday to Chase: (The absolute sweetest part of this was that Chase actually sang happy birthday to himself along with everyone else!)

...and then it was time for Spider-Man to return to his web!

Everyone ate cupcakes and ice cream:



Then Chase got to open his presents:


He got so many great presents, a Geo Trax airport to go with his train set, bunches of spiderman toys, CARS pj's, a remote control car, dinosaur sets, a spiderman build a bear, clothes...but the best gift of all was getting to spend time playing with his friends and cousins. Chase had an absolute BLAST at his birthday party! Thanks to everyone who helped to make it so special for my little man!

Oh, and here's one last picture...Chase's babysitter got him a Spider-Man costume...isn't he an adorable little Spider-Man???

No comments: