Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gingerbread Adventure

We were grocery shopping earlier today and as usual while Jason was at the Deli, the kids begged me to take them to the bakery to see the cakes and other goodies. On top of one of the counters they had a gingerbread house. The kids and I ohhhed and ahhhed over how cute it looked. As we turned around to leave, McKenna noticed that they were selling kits to make them at home. So of course, she and Chase got super excited about it and I had no choice but to buy one...oh, who am I kidding, I was just as excited as they were!

We no sooner got the groceries put away before they were begging to make the gingerbread house...we had to bribe them with it to get them to eat lunch first!

They were in awe when I opened up the box and they saw all of the little candies!

Here are a few pictures from our Gingerbread Adventure:

Getting started:


The house is put together and ready for decorating:


Decorating the roof...Chase ate more than he decorated - LOL!:




Finished! It may not be the prettiest gingerbread house ever created, but we sure did have a lot of fun making it!:




Now, could someone please tell me what we are supposed to do with it? Jason says we eat it (of course, the kids are siding with him!), but I say its just a decoration...any ideas? For those of you who make gingerbread houses, what do you do with it?

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

How cute!!! I would say it'd be for decoration but I know in my house it'd slowly disappear if it set out for decoration...ha!!

Krista said...

I think it's gorgeous! ;)

It wouldn't last long in my house, but I think I'd try to make it a decoration for at least a little while.